Hi! So you’ve made it this far… now what?
Below are the steps and the FAQs to getting approved and into The BLOCK!
For HHFDC Units: Do you QUALIFY?
- Do you qualify for the income limits: The BLOCK 803 Waimanu has income limits of 110% AMI. To find out if you meet this income restriction, please call sales office at 808-744-8181.
- You Do? Great, stop by for the Application Packet!
- BEFORE coming into the office, get your pre-qualification letter by either American Savings Bank or Guaranteed Rate.
- Once approved, visit our sales office
- Directions to our Sales Office at 770 Kapiolani Blvd., #200: We are located on Kapiolani, between Ward and Cooke Streets. Driving West on Kapiolani, toward Downtown, turn right on Clayton Street AFTER Yanagi Sushi,
- Parking for Sales Office: Guest Stalls 3-18 located at the end of Clayton Street on the right and left-side of the road.
- Entering the Building:
- Enter green & grey building double doors
- Elevator is down the hallway, go up to the 2nd floor
- Turn right and walk THROUGH the parking garage to the back (YES! Our office is in the parking garage!)
- Sales office is on the Mauka side of the parking garage through the double doors
- Call (808) 744-8181 for any further directions
- What does HHFDC mean?
- It stands for the Hawaii Housing Finance and Development. That is the state department that has subsidized the project and in return, we offer a certain number of condos at a lower price starting at $276,100.
- What do I have to do to get that price?
- You need to qualify. Check out the Affordability tab on the Menu for more information.
- How much can I make per year?
- Can I own another home?
- No, not over 50% of shared interest.
- How long do I need to live in the unit?
- 10 Years is the owner-occupant restriction.
- How much do they cost?
- HHFDC units start at $276,000 and go up from there.
- What’s the downpayment?
- For the HHFDC units, you can put 5% or more down.
- What are the maintenance fees?
- The Maintenance fees are estimated to be $152-$220 a month depending on the size of your unit.
- Is there parking?
- The majority of the HHFDC units do NOT have parking.
- What do I do if there is no parking?
- There are parking lots in the vicinity that currently rent at about $100-$200 per month. We also are gifting an Urban Mobility Program which gives one year each of biki, UBER, and Car Share.
- Why do all of the studios look like 1-bedrooms?
- All of the studios are functioning 1-bedrooms and when they are resold, can be sold as a 1-bedroom.
- Is there a pool?
- No. There are shared open air lounge areas.
- Can I bring my dog?